Product ID: M0041
This slightly longer wavelength analog of 4-methylcoumarin (4-MU) has a pKa that more closely matches physiological pH values.
|Storage Conditions||Room Temperature, Protect From Light|
|Notes||The spectra is pH dependent (pKa ~ 7.3), below which abs. shifts to shorter wave lengths (325-340nm) and fluorescence intensity decreases.|
- "Spectral studies of tert-butyl isothiocyanate-inactivated P450 2E1." Kent UM, Roberts-Kirchhoff ES, Moon N, Dunham WR, Hollenberg PF. Biochemistry 40: 7253-7261 (2001).
- "CYP isoform induction screening in 96-well plates: use of 7-benzyloxy-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin as a substrate for studies with rat hepatocytes." Price RJ, Surry D, Renwick AB, Meneses-Lorente G, Lake BG, Evans DC. Xenobiotica 30(8): 781-795 (2000).
- "Anti-AIDS Agents 37. Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationships of (3R,4R)-(+)-cis-Khellactone Derivatives as Novel Potent Anti-HIV Agents." Xie L, Takeuchi Y, Cosentino LM, Lee KH. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 42(14): 2662-2672 (1999).
- "High-performance liquid chromatographic method for measurement of cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism of 7-ethoxy-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin." Morse MA, Lu J. Journal of Chromatography, B: Biomedical Sciences and Applications 708(1&2): 290-293 (1998).
- "Mechanism-based inactivation of cytochrome P450 2B1 by 8-methoxypsoralen and several other furanocoumarins." Koenigs LL, Trager WF. Biochemistry 37: 13184-13193 (1998).
- "Examination of purported probes of human CYP2B6." Ekins S, VandenBranden M, Ring BJ, Wrighton SA. Pharmacogenetics 7(3): 165-179 (1997).
- "Mechanistic studies of 9-ethynylphenanthrene-inactivated cytochrome P450 2B1." Roberts ES, Ballou DP, Hopkins NE, Alworth WL, Hollenberg PF. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 323: 303-312 (1995).
- "A highly sensitive tool for the assay of cytochrome P450 enzyme activity in rat, dog and man. Direct fluorescence monitoring of the deethylation of 7-ethoxy-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin." Buters JT, Schiller CD, Chou RC. Biochemical Pharmacology 46(9): 1577-84 (1993 Nov 2).
- "Histochemical, Spectrophotometric, and Fluorometric GUS Substrates." Naleway JJ. GUS Protocols: Using the GUS Gene as a Reporter of Gene Expression, Gallapher SR, Ed. pp. 61-76 (1992).
- "Carbon-13 NMR of (trifluoromethyl)coumarins." Pastor RE, Fabron J, Cambon A, Hu Y. Can. J. Chem. 65(6): 1356-60 (1987).
- "Lasing properties of 7-hydroxy-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin under excimer laser pumping." Loboda LI, Sokolova IV, Ilchenko AY, Kopylova TN. Kvantovaya Elektron. (Moscow) 13(1): 183-6 (1986).
- "Water-soluble coumarin dyes for flashlamp-pumped dye lasers." Drexhage KH, Erikson GR, Hawks GH, Reynolds GA. Opt. Commun. 15(3): 399-403 (1975).
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question