| || ||
Allows fast and easy measurement of proteins in complex mixtures using either solution analysis or 1D- or 2D-SDS-PAGE analysis. Both denatured or native conformations of proteins isolated from cell preparations can be analyzed.
The isolation of hydrophobic membrane proteins can result in complex protein mixtures that are difficult to purify, identify, and quantitate by bioinformatics. Utilizing 2D gel electrophoresis analysis, individual bands can typically be isolated but may contain multiple protein samples or a variety of functional components. This kit uses the environment-sensitive fluorescent probe 2-p-toluidinylnapthalene-6-sulfonic acid (TNS) M0704. TNS is practically non-fluorescent in water or buffer solutions, but exhibits a strong fluorescence enhancement when bound to hydrophobic regions of proteins. By incorporating the TNS dye in standard gel-electrophoresis procedures, hydrophobic proteins (typically from membranes) become fluorescent. The kit contains enough reagents and buffers for numerous assays and control experiments, and also contains reference standards and a detailed protocol for use. See the references below for more information and applications. NOTE: Marker Gene also sells the more water soluble potassium salt of TNS M0720.
View References ▼
- McClure, W.O., Edelman, G.M. "Fluorescent Probes for Conformational States of Proteins. I. Mechanism of Fluorescence of 2-p-Toluidinylnaphthalene-6-sulfonate, a Hydrophobic Probe" (1966) Biochemistry 5(6):1908-1919.
- Neff, T.L., Naleway, J.J., “Development of a Sensitive Proteomic Hydrophobicity Assay Based on 2-p-Toluidinylnapthalene-6-Sulfonic Acid (TNS) as the Protein-Detecting Reagent.” (2003) Anal. Biochem. (submitted for publication).
- Batlle, N., Carbonell, J.V., Sendra, J.M.,"Determination of depolymerization kinetics of amylose, amylopectin, and soluble starch by aspergillus oryzae alpha-amylase using a fluorimetric 2-p-toluidinylnaphthalene-6-sulfonate/flow-injection analysis system."(2000) Biotechnol. Bioeng. 70:544-552.
- QaDan, M., Spyres, L.M., Ballard J.D.,"pH-Induced conformational changes in Clostridium difficile toxin B. (2000)" Infect. Immun.,68:2470-2474.
- Jones, M., Keenan, R.W., Horowitz, P.,"Use of 6-p-Toluidino-2-Naphthalenesulfonic Acid to Quantitate Lipids After Thin-Layer Chromatography." (1982) J. Chromatogr. 237:522.
Unit Price (USD):
1 kit $239.80
(5 or more):