Product ID: M1476
|Alternative Names||α-TEA; Acetic acid, 2-[[(2R)-3,4-dihydro-2,5,7,8-tetramethyl-2-[(4R,8R)-4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl]-2H-1-benzopyran-6-yl]oxy]-|
|Molecular Formula||C₃₁ H₅₂ O₄|
|Storage Conditions||4C, Protect From Light, Desiccated|
|Notes||FOR RESEARCH USE ONY|
- Naumann EC, Goring S, Ogorek I, Weggen S, Schmidt B. (2013) "Membrane anchoring γ-secretase modulators with terpene-derived moieties." Bioorg & Med Chem Letters 23(13):3852-3856.
- Hahn T, Akporiaye ET. (2013) "α-TEA as a stimulator of tumor autophagy and enhancer of antigen cross-presentation." Autophagy 9(3):429-431.
- Dong LF, Grant G, Massa H, Zobalova R, Akporiaye E, Neuzil J. (2012) "α- Tocopheryloxyacetic acid is superior to α-tocopheryl succinate in suppressing HER2-high breast carcinomas due to its higher stability." Intl J Cancer 131(5):1052-1058.
- Mazzini F, Betti M, Canonico B, Netscher T, Luchetti F, Papa S, Galli F. (2010) "Anticancer activity of vitamin E-derived compounds in murine C6 glioma cells." ChemMedChem 5(4): 540-543.
- Hahn T, Fried K, Hurley LH, Akporiaye ET. (2009) "Orally active α-TEA suppresses tumor growth and multiplicity of spontaneous murine breast cancer." Mol Cancer Ther 8(6):1570-1578.
- Dong LF, Swettenham E, Eliasson J, Wang XF, Gold M, Medunic Y, Stantic M, Low P, Prochazka L, Witting PK, et al. (2007) "Vitamin E analogues inhibit angiogenesis by selective induction of apoptosis in proliferating endothelial cells: The role of oxidative stress." Cancer Res 67(24):11906-11913.
- Lawson KA, Anderson K, Menchaca M, Atkinson J, Sun LZ, Knight V, Gilbert BE, Conti C, Sanders BG, Kline K. (2003) "Novel vitamin E analogue decreases syngeneic mouse mammary tumor burden and reduces lung metastasis." Molec Cancer Therap 2(5):437-444.
- Anderson K, Simmons-Menchaca M, Lawson KA, Atkinson J, Sanders BG, Kline K. (2004) "Differential response of human ovarian cancer cells to induction of apoptosis by vitamin E succinate and vitamin E analogue, α-TEA." Cancer Res 64(12): 4263-4269.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question