MarkerGene™ BCA Protein Assay Kit
Product ID: M2533
This kit employs a modification of the bicinchoninic acid (BCA) method for the colorimetric detection of protein concentration or total protein determination in a sample.
|Unit Size||1 kit|
|Alternative Names||Smith Assay Kit|
|Storage Conditions||See individual vials for storage conditions|
- Krieg RC, Dong Y, Schwamborn K, Knuechel R. (2005) “Protein quantification and its tolerance for different interfering reagents using the BCA-method with regard to 2D SDS PAGE.” J. Biochem. Biophys. Methods 65, 13-19.
- Brown RE, Jarvis KL, Hyland KJ. (1989) “Protein measurement using bicinchoninic acid: Elimination of interfering substances.” Anal. Biochem 180, 136-139.
- Wiechelman KJ, Braun RD, Fitzpatrick JD. (1988) “Investigaton of the bicinchoninic acid protein assay: Identification of the groups responsible for color formation.” Anal. Biochem 175, 231-237.
- Smith PK, Krohn RI, Hermanson GT, Mallia AK, Gartner FH, Provenzano MD, Fujimoto EK, Goeke NM, Olson BJ, Klenk DC. (1985) “Measurement of protein using bicinchoninic acid.” Anal. Biochem 150, 76-85.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr LA, Randall RJ. (1951) “Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent.” J. Biol. Chem 193, 265-275.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question