Product ID: M1257
Useful as a fluorescent stain for heparin in several mammalian cell lines.
|Alternative Names||berberine sulfate hydrate|
|Molecular Formula||C₄₀H₃₆N₂O₁₂S x H₂O|
- Stermitz, F.R., (2000) "Synergy in a medicinal plant: Antimicrobial action of berberine potentiated by 5'-methoxyhydnocarpin, a multidrug pump inhibitor." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 1433.
- Berlin, G., Enerback, L. (1984) "Non-differential inhibition of histamine and serotonin release from mast cells by amitriptyline." Agents and Actions 14: 401.
- Lin, H.L. (1999) "Up-regulation of multidrug resistance transporter expression by berberine in human and murine hepatoma cells." Cancer 85: 1937-1942.
- Schumacher, M.A., Miller, MC, Grkovic, S, Brown, MH, Skurray, RA, Brennan RG, (2001) "Structural Mechanisms of QacR Induction and Multidrug Recognition." Science 294: 2158-2163.
- Enerback L. (1974) "Berberine sulphate binding to mast cell polyanions: A cytofluorometric method for the quantitation of heparin." Histochemistry 42: 301–313.
- Dimlich RV, Meineke HA, Reilly FD, McCuskey RS (1980) "The fluorescent staining of heparin in mast cells using berberine sulfate: compatibility with paraformaldehyde or o-phthalaldehyde induced fluorescence and metachromasia." Stain Technol. 55(4):217-23.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question