C12-NBD, free acid (12-(7-Nitrobenzofurazan-4-ylamino)dodecanoic acid)
Product ID: M1080
Useful fluorescent probe for fatty acid and carrier protein binding sites.
|Alternative Names||12-(N-(7-nitrobenz-2-oxa-1,3-diazol-4-yl)amino)dodecanoic acid; NBD-aminododecanoic acid|
|Soluble In||DMF, DMSO, MeOH|
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Protect From Light|
- "Purification and characterization of a neutral ceramidase from mouse liver. A single protein catalyzes the reversible reaction in which ceramide is both hydrolyzed and synthesized." Tani M, Okino N, Mitsutake S, Tanigawa T, Izu H, Ito M. J Biol Chem 275: 3462-3468 (2000).
- "Probing the ligand binding sites of fatty acid and sterol carrier proteins: effects of ethanol." Schroeder F, Myers-Payne SC, Billheimer JT, Wood WG. Biochemistry 34(37): 11919-27 (1995).
- "Lateral diffusion of lipids in model and natural membranes." Tocanne JF, Dupou-Cezanne L, Lopez A. Prog Lipid Res 33: 203-237 (1994).
- "Large-scale preparation of asymmetrically labeled fluorescent lipid vesicles." Dao HN, McIntyre JC, Sleight RG. Anal Biochem 196: 46-53 (1991).
- "Human acid beta-glucosidase: use of inhibitors, alternative substrates and amphiphiles to investigate the properties of the normal and Gaucher disease active sites." Osiecki-Newman K, Fabbro D, Legler G, Desnick RJ, Grabowski GA. Biochim Biophys Acta 15: 87-100 (1987).
- "Prenatal diagnosis of Krabbe disease using a fluorescent derivative of galactosylceramide." Zeigler M, Zlotogora J, Regev R, Dagan A, Gatt S, Bach G. Clin Chim Acta 142: 313-318 (1984).
- "Gaucher type I (Ashkenazi) disease: a new method for heterozygote detection using a novel fluorescent natural substrate." Grabowski GA, Dinur T, Gatt S, Desnick RJ. Clin Chim Acta 124: 123-135 (1982).
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question