Product ID: M1547
Calcein AM is useful for determining cell viability. In live cells the non-fluorescent calcein AM is hydrolyzed by intracellular esterases into the green fluorescent anion calcein.
|Unit Size||100 uL (4mM in DMSO)|
|Alternative Names||Calcein acetoxymethyl ester|
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Protect From Light|
- Kajta M, Wójtowicz AK, Mackowiak M, Lason W. (2009) "Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated apoptosis of neuronal cells: a possible interaction with estrogen receptor signaling." Neuroscience 158(2) 811-22.
- Fonseca PC, Nihei OK, Savino W, Spray DC, Alves LA. (2006)"Flow cytometry analysis of gap junction-mediated cell-cell communication: advantages and pitfalls." Cytometry A. 69(6) 487-93.
- Coder DM. (2001) "Assessment of cell viability." Curr Protoc Cytom. Chapter 9:Unit 9.2.
- Gatti R, Belletti S, Orlandini G, Bussolati O, Dall'Asta V, Gazzola GC. (1998) "Comparison of annexin V and calcein-AM as early vital markers of apoptosis in adherent cells by confocal laser microscopy." J Histochem Cytochem. 46(8) 895-900.
- Weston SA, Parish CR. (1990) "New fluorescent dyes for lymphocyte migration studies. Analysis by flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy." J Immunol Methods. 133(1)87-97.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question