5(6)-Carboxyfluorescein diacetate, NHS ester
Product ID: M0013
Cell cycle, cell viability probe useful for cell labeling, especially in flow cytometry.
|Alternative Names||CFSE; 5(6)-Carboxyfluorescein diacetate N-succinimidyl ester|
|Soluble In||DMSO, CH3CN(s)|
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Desiccated|
|Notes||Emission of fluorophore released upon esterase activity. Labeling reagent for proteins. Amino groups on proteins react with the NHS-ester to form stable amide linked conjugates. Subsequent esterase activity releases the fluorescent carboxyfluorescein (Abs: 475, Em 517). Ideal reagent for cell cycle analysis, as the dye dilutes with successive rounds of division.|
- Kim J, Cho J, Seidler PM, Kurland NE, Yadavalli VK. (2010) "Investigations of chemical modifications of amino-terminated organic films on silicon substrates and controlled protein immobilization." Langmuir. 26(4):2599-608.
- Kim J, Seidler P, Wan LS, Fill C. (2009) "Formation, structure, and reactivity of amino-terminated organic films on silicon substrates." Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 329:114–119.
- Kim J, Seidler P, Wan LS, Fill C. (2008) "Investigations of the effect of curing conditions on the structure and stability of amino-functionalized organic films on silicon substrates by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, ellipsometry, and fluorescence microscopy." Surface Science 602: 3323–3330.
- Hao S, Li P, Zhao J, Hu Y, Hou Y. (2008) "17β-Estradiol Suppresses Cytotoxicity and Proliferative Capacity of Murine Splenic NK1.1+ Cells." Cellular and Molecular Immunology. 5(5):357-364.
- Hao S, Zhao J, Zhou J, Zhao S, Hu Y, Hou Y. (2007) "Modulation of 17β-estradiol on the number and cytotoxicity of NK cells in vivo related to MCM and activating receptors." Int. Immunopharmacol. 7, 1765–1775.
- Weston SA, Parish CR. (1992) "Calcein: a novel marker for lymphocytes which enter lymph nodes." Cytometry 13(7): 739-749.
- Weston SA, Parish CR. (1990) "New fluorescent dyes for lymphocyte migration studies : Analysis by flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy." J. Immunol. Meth. 133: 87-97.
- Nose A, Takeichi M. (1986) "A novel cadherin cell adhesion molecule: its expression patterns associated with implantation and organogenesis of mouse embryos." J Cell. BioL. 103: 2649-2658.
- Bronner-Fraser M. (1985) "Alterations in neural crest migration by a monoclonal antibody that affects cell adhesion." J Cell. Biol. 101(2): 610-617.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question