Carboxyumbelliferyl β-D-galactopyranoside (CUG)
Product ID: M0257
Blue fluorogenic β-galactosidase substrate that is well retained intracellularly for use in live cell analyses.
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Desiccated|
|Notes||Em = 445nm, ε = 32K is emission of fluorophore 3-carboxyumbelliferone released upon beta-galactosidase enzyme activity.|
- Briciu-Burghina C, Heery B, Regan F. (2015) "Continuous fluorometric method for measuring β-glucuronidase activity: comparative analysis of three fluorogenic substrates." Analyst. 140(17):5953-64.
- Jan TA, Chai R, Sayyid ZN, van Amerongen R, Xia A, Wang T, Sinkkonen ST, Zeng YA, Levin JR, Heller S, Nusse R, Cheng AG. (2013) "Tympanic border cells are Wnt-responsive and can act as progenitors for postnatal mouse cochlear cells." Development 140: 1196-1206.
- Rodrigue J, Ganne G, Blanchard B, Saucier C, Giguère D, Shiao TC, Varrot A, Imberty A, Roy R. (2013) "Aromatic thioglycoside inhibitors against the virulence factor LecA from Pseudomonas aeruginosa." Org Biomol Chem. 11(40):6906-18.
- Akselband Y, Cabral C, Castor TP, Chikarmane HM, McGrath P. (2006) "Enrichment of slow-growing marine microorganisms from mixed cultures using gel microdrop (GMD) growth assay and fluorescence-activated cell sorting."J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 329: 196–205.
- Nazarenko DA, Dertinger SD, Gasiewicz TA.(2001) "Enhanced detection of b-galactosidase reporter activation is achieved by a reduction of hemoglobin content in tissue lysates." BioTechniques 30(4): 776-777, 780-781.
Huff JB, Merchant BT, Mullen CR, Venkata SRT. (1999) "Water soluble coumarin derivatives for use as fluorogenic enzyme substrates." PCT Int. Appl. WO 9946402.
Fierer J, Eckmann L, Fang F, Pfeifer C, Finlay BB, Guiney D. (1993) "Expression of the Salmonella virulence plasmid gene spvB in cultured macrophages and nonphagocytic cells." Infect Immun 61: 5231-5236.
Armenta R, Gibbons I, Olson J. (1987) "Reducing background interference activity in enzyme-label immunoassays." U.S. Patent US 4668620.
Johnson PK, Messenger LJ. (1986) "Homogeneous substrate-labeled fluorescent immunoassay for disopyramide in human serum: semi- and fully automated procedures." Clin Chem 32: 378-381.
Armenta R, Tarnowski T, Gibbons I, Ullman EF. (1985) "Improved sensitivity in homogeneous enzyme immunoassays using a fluorogenic macromolecular substrate: an assay for serum ferritin." Anal Biochem 146: 211-219.
Li TM, Miller JE, Ward FE, Burd JF. (1982)"Homogeneous substrate-labeled fluorescent immunoassay for carbamazepine." Epilepsia 23: 391-398.
Li TM, Benovic JL, Burd JF. (1981) "Serum theophylline determination by fluorescence polarization immunoassay utilizing an umbelliferone derivative as a fluorescent label." Anal Biochem 118: 102-107.
Li TM, Benovic JL, Buckler RT, Burd JF. (1981) "Homogeneous substrate-labeled fluorescent immunoassay for theophylline in serum." Clin Chem 27: 22-26.
Burd JF. (1981) "The homogeneous substrate-labeled fluorescent immunoassay." Methods Enzymol 74: Pt C, 79-87.
Boguslaski RC, Burd JF, Denning CE. (1980) "Substrate-labeled homogeneous fluorescent immunoassay for tobramycin, ASEAN." J. Clin. Sci. 1(3): 215-19 .
Krausz LM, Hitz JB, Buckler RT, Burd JF. (1980) "Substrate-labeled fluorescent immunoassay for phenobarbital." Ther. Drug Monit. 2(3): 261-72.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question