MarkerGene™ dsDNA Assay Kit-for use with the Qubit® fluorometer, 500 samples
Product ID: M2000
The assay kit measures dsDNA in solution, and is adapted for use with the Qubit® fluorometer.
The MarkerGene™ dsDNA Assay Kits, M1952 (100 samples) and M2000 (500 samples), make DNA quantitation both easy and accurate. A variety of different contaminants, such as RNA, salts, free nucleotides, solvents, detergents, or proteins are well tolerated in the assay.
M1952 provides reagents for measuring up to 100 assays of 200 uL each. M2000 provides reagents for measuring up to 500 assays of 200 uL each. The figure to the left illustrates how the MarkerGene™ dsDNA assay compares to the Life Technologies Qubit® assay when used with the Qubit® fluorometer.
- Batchelor R, Hagen D, Johnson I, Beechem J. (2003) “A fluorescent high-throughput assay for double-stranded DNA: the RediPlate PicoGreen assay.” Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 6: 287-291.
- Bolger R, Lenoch F, Allen E, Meiklejohn B, Burke T. (1997) “Fluorescent dye assay for detection of DNA in recombinant protein products.” Biotechniques 23: 532-537.
- Rye HS, Dabora JM, Quesada MA, Mathies RA, Glazer AN. (1993) “Fluorometric assay using dimeric dyes for double- and single-stranded DNA and RNA with picogram sensitivity.” Anal Biochem 208:144-50.
- Glazer AN, Rye HS. (1992) “Stable dye-DNA intercalation complexes as reagents for high-sensitivity fluorescence detection.” Nature 359: 859-861.
- Burres NS, Frigo A, Rasmussen RR, McAlpine JB. (1992) “A colorimetric microassay for the detection of agents that interact with DNA.” J Nat Prod 55: 1582-1587.
- Moreno LA, and Cox KL. (2010) ”Quantification of dsDNA using the Hitachi F-7000 Fluorescence Spectrophotometer and PicoGreen dye.” J Vis Exp 45: 2465.
- Vitzthum F, Geiger G, Bisswanger H, Brunner H, Bernhagen J. (1999) “A quantitative fluorescence-based microplate assay for the determination of double-stranded DNA using SYBR Green I and a standard ultraviolet transilluminator gel imaging system.” Anal Biochem 276: 59-64.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question