MarkerGene™ Dyrect JC-1 Mito Health Assay Kit
Product ID: M1890
Utilizes the live cell carbocyanine dye JC-1 which indicates changes in ΔΨm, the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membranes by reversibly changing its emission from green in non-polar mitochondria to orange/red J aggregates in hyperpolarized mitochondria.
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Protect From Light|
- Smiley ST, Reers M, Mottola-Hartshorn C, Lin M, Chen A, Smith TW, Steele GD Jr, Chen LB. (1991) “Intracellular heterogeneity in mitochondrial membrane potentials revealed by a J-aggregate-forming lipophilic cation JC-1.” Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88(9):3671-5.
- Reers M, Smith TW, Chen LB. (1991) “J-aggregate formation of a carbocyanine as a quantitative fluorescent indicator of membrane potential.” Biochemistry. 30(18):4480-6.
- Reers M, Smiley ST, Mottola-Hartshorn C, Chen A, Lin M, Chen LB. (1995) “Mitochondrial membrane potential monitored by JC-1 dye.” Methods Enzymol. 1995;260:406-17.
- Wallace DC. (1999) “Mitochondrial diseases in man and mouse.” Science, 283 (5407): 1482-88.
- Mathur A, Hong Y, Kemp BK, Barrientos AA, Erusalimsky JD. (2000) Evaluation of fluorescent dyes for the detection of mitochondrial membrane potential changes in cultured cardiomyocytes.” Cardiovascular Research 46 (1): 126-138.
- Salvioli S, Ardizzoni A, Franceschi C, Cossarizza A. (1997) “JC-1, but not DiOC(6)(3) or rhodamine 123, is a reliable fluorescent probe to assess Delta Psi changes in intact cells: Implications for studies on mitochondrial functionality during apoptosis.” FEBS Letters, vol. 411 (1): 77-82.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question