Ethidium homodimer (EthD-1)
Product ID: M1093
High affinity fluorescent nucleic stain. It binds to both DNA and RNA in a sequence-independent manner and with a >30-fold fluorescence enhancement.
|Soluble In||DMSO, DMF|
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Protect From Light|
|Notes||Ex: 487/528 nm (wo/w DNA)|
- Harapanhalli RS, Matalka KZ, Jones PL, Mahmood A, Adelstein SJ, Kassis A. (1998) "Lysine-directed conjugation of ethidium homodimer to B72.3 antibody: retention of immunoreactivity but altered tumor targeting." Nuclear Medicine and Biology 25(3): 267-78.
- Zakharov SF, Garner MM, Chrambach A. (1995) "Fluorescent labeling of DNA with ethidium homodimer without measurable decrease in DNA mobility: application to automated gel electrophoresis apparatus." Anal Biochem 2241: 195-8.
- Wagner E, Cotten M, Mechtler K, Kirlappos H, Birnstiel ML. (1991) "DNA-binding transferrin conjugates as functional gene-delivery agents: synthesis by linkage of polylysine or ethidium homodimer to the transferrin carbohydrate moiety." Bioconjug Chem. Jul-Aug;2(4):226-31.
- Rye HS, Quesada MA, Peck K, Mathies RA, Glazer AN. (1991) "High-sensitivity two-color detection of double-stranded DNA with a confocal fluorescence gel scanner using ethidium homodimer and thiazole orange" Nucleic Acids Research 19(2): 327-33.
- Glazer AN, Peck K, Mathies RA. (1990) "A stable double-stranded DNA-ethidium homodimer complex: application to picogram fluorescence detection of DNA in agarose gels" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 87(10): 3851-5.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question