Fluorescein diacetate (FDA)
Product ID: M0060
FDA is one of the most widely-used green fluorogenic substrates for esterase activity. FDA is also a common viability stain for plant cells, protoplasts and tissues.
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Desiccated|
|Notes||Converted to a fluorescent product with pH-dependent spectra similar to 5(6) carboxyfluorescein Product M0122 , (Abs = 492nm, E = 78K, Em = 517nm) after acetate (esterase) hydrolysis. Useful as a cell viability probe in cell culture. See references below for applications.|
- "Analysis of enzyme kinetics in individual living cells utilizing fluorescence intensity and polarization measurements." Deutsch M, Kaufman M, Shapiro H, Zurgil N. Cytometry 39(1): 36-44 (2000).
- "Probing the physiological state of phytoplankton at the single-cell level." F.J. Jochem. Sci Mar 64: 183 (2000).
- "Comparative analysis of apoptosis in HL60 detected by annexin-V and fluorescein-diacetate." Bartkowiak D, Hogner S, Baust H, Nothdurft W, Rottinger EM. Cytometry 37(3): 191-196 (1999).
- "Flow cytometric characteristics of sperm cells isolated from pollen of Zea mays L. Zhang G., et al. Plant Physiol. 99: 54 (1992).
- "Staining for enzymatic activity after gel electrophoresis." Gersten DM, Gabriel O. Anal. Biochem. 203(2): 181-186 (1992).
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question