MarkerGene™ Fluorescent Bacterial Detection and Quantification Kit
Product ID: M1460
Employs the highly sensitive substrate FDG, M0250,
a di-β-galactoside conjugate of the dye fluorescein, found to more effectively detect E. Coli and other coliforms through both basal and induced β-galactosidase activity.
|Unit Size||1 kit|
- Favier, C.; Neut, C.; Mizon, C.; Cortot, A.; Colombel, J.-F.; Mizon, J. “Differentiation and identification of human fecal anaerobic bacteria producing β-galactosidase (a new methodology).” Journal of Microbiological Methods (1996), 27(1), 25-31.
- F. Russo-Marie, Roederer, M. Sager, B., Herzenberg, L., “β-Galactosidase Activity in Single Differentiating Bacterial Cells.” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90:8194 (1993).
- Nelis, H.; Van Poucke, S. “Enzymatic detection of coliforms and Escherichia coli within 4 hours.” Water, Air, and Soil Pollution (2000), 123(1-4): 43-52.
- Rowland B; Purkayastha A; Monserrat C; Casart Y; Takiff H; McDonough KA (1999) “Fluorescence-based detection of lacZ reporter gene expression in intact and viable bacteria including Mycobacterium species” FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 179(2): 317-25.
- Kevin L. Griffith and Richard E. Wolf, Jr. (2002) “Measuring β-Galactosidase Activity in Bacteria: Cell Growth, Permeabilization, and Enzyme Assays in 96-Well Arrays” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 290: 397‾402.
- Miller, J. H. (1972) “Experiments in Molecular Genetics”, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor
- Ross, R. D. , Joneckis, C. C., Ordonez, J. V., Sisk, A. M., Wu, R. K., Hamburger, A. W., and Nora, R. E. (1989). “Estimation of cell survival by flow cytometric quantification of fluorescein diacetate/propidium iodide viable cell number.” Cancer Research. 49: 3776 - 3782.
- Tao He, Marion G. Priebe, Roel J. Vonk, Gjalt W. Welling. (2005) “Identification of bacteria with β-galactosidase activity in faeces from lactase non-persistent subjects.” FEMS Microbiology Ecology 54: 463-469.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question