MarkerGene™ LysoLive™ Lysosomal Phosphatase Assay Kit
Product ID: M1376
The MarkerGene™LysoLive™ Lysosomal Phosphatase Assay Kit utilizes the sensitive substrate PhosGreen™ to monitor phosphatase activity in the lysosomes of live cells.
Lysosomes are acidic cytoplasmic organelles that are present in all nucleated mammalian cells. Lysosomes have been found to be involved in a variety of cellular processes including repair of the plasma membrane, defense against pathogens, cholesterol homeostasis, bone remodeling, metabolism, apoptosis, and cell signaling. Defects in lysosomal enzyme activity have been associated with a variety of diseases including Parkinson's, Tay-Sachs, Sandhoff, Krabbe, Wolman, and Gaucher syndromes. These targeted substrates are based upon fluorescent probes that have a low pKa value for optimum fluorescence at the lower physiological pH values found in the lysosomes as well as targeting groups to direct their accumulation to the lysosomes using a live-cell staining format.
|Unit Size||1 kit|
- Jaishy B, Zhang Q, Chung HS, Riehle C, Soto J, Jenkins S, Abel P, Cowart LA, Van Eyk JE, Abel ED (2015) "Lipid-induced NOX2 activation inhibits autophagic flux by impairing lysosomal enzyme activity." J Lipid Res. 56(3):546-61.
- Harlan FK, Lusk JS, Mohr BM, Guzikowski AP, Batchelor RH, Jiang Y, et al. (2016) "Fluorogenic Substrates for Visualizing Acidic Organelle Enzyme Activities." PLoS ONE 11(5): e0156312. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0156312
- Carpenter AE,Jones TR, Lamprecht MR, Clarke C, Kang IH, Friman O, Guertin DA, Chang JH, Lindquist RA, Moffat J, Golland P, Sabatini DM (2006) "CellProfiler: image analysis software for identifying and quantifying cell phenotypes." Genome Biology 7:R100.
- Karageorgos LE, Isaac EL, Brooks DA, Ravenscroft EM, Davey R, Hopwood JJ, Meikle PJ (1997) "Lysosomal Biogenesis in Lysosomal Storage Disorders" Experimental Cell Research 234, 85-97.
- Koenig H (1963) "Vital staining of lysosomes by acridine orange." J. Cell Biol 19, 87A.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question