Methyl purple, sodium salt
Product ID: M0121
Redox indicator, purple to clear upon oxidation. Useful indicator of bacterial growth or plant redox mechanisms.
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Desiccated|
- Bochner B.R., Naleway J.J. (1999) US Patent #5989853: "Gel matrix with redox purple for testing and characterizing microorganisms."
- Graan T, Ort DR, Prince RC.(1985) "Methyl purple, an exceptionally sensitive monitor of chloroplast photosystem I turnover: physical properties and synthesis." Anal. Biochem. 144: 193-198.
- Olsen, L.F., Cox, R.P. (1979) "Light-Induced Proton Transport by Chloroplasts Suspended in Fluid Media at Sub-Zero Temperatures: Kinetics and Stoichiometry" European Journal of Biochemistry 95(2): 427.
- Hill, R., (1973) "A note on some old and some possible new redox indicators." Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes 4(1-2): 229-237.
- U. Schreiber; C. Neubauer; C. Klughammer (1989) "Devices and Methods for Room-Temperature Fluorescence Analysis" Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological Sciences, 323(1216): 241-251.
- Grann, T., Ort, D.R. (1983) "Initial Events in the Regulation of Electron Transfer in Chloroplasts: The Role of Membrane Potential" J. Biol. Chem. 258(5): 2831-2836.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question