MitoPT® Apoptosis Detection Kit 400tests
Product ID: M0846
Use of the MitoPT® kit allows the easy distinction between non-apoptotic red fluorescent cells and apoptotic green fluorescent cells.
- Desagher, S., Osen-Sand, A., Nichols, A., Eskes, R., Montessuit, S., Lauper, S., Maundrell, K., Antonsson, B., and Martinou, J. C. Bid-induced conformational change of Bax is responsible for mitochondrial cyto- chrome c release during apoptosis. J. Cell Biol. 144 (5): 891-901 (1999).
- Narita, M., Shimizu, S., Ito, T., Chittenden, T., Lutz, R. J., Matsuda, H., and Tsujimoto, Y. Bax interacts with the permeability transition pore to induce permeability transition and cytochrome c release in isolated mitochondria. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95: 14681- 14686 (1998).
- Basanez, G., Nechushtan, A., Drozhinin, O., Chanturiya, A., Choe, E., Tutt, S., Wood, K. A., Hsu, Y. T., Zimmerberg, J., and Youle, R. J. Bax , but not Bcl- X L decreases the lifetime of planar phospholipid bilayer membranes at subnano- molar concentrations. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96: 5492- 5497 (1999).
- Luo, X., Budihardio, I., Zou, H., Slaughter, C., and Wang, X. Bid, a Bcl- 2 interacting protein, mediates cytochrome c release from mito- chondria in response to activation of cell surface death receptors. Cell 94: 481- 490 (1998). Antonsson, B., Montessuit, S., Lauper, S., Eskes, R., Martinou, J. C. Bax oligomerization is required for channel- forming activity in liposomes and to trigger cytochrome c release from mitochondria. Biochem J. 345: 271- 278 (2000).
- Smiley, S. T., Reers, M., Mottola- Hartshorn, C., Lin, M., Chen, A., Smith, T. W., Steele, G. D., and Chen, L. B. Intracellular heterogeneity in mitochondrial membrane potentials revealed by a J- aggregate forming lipophilic cation JC- 1. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88: 3671- 3675 (1991).
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question