4-Methylumbelliferyl β-D-glucuronide (MUGlcU)
Product ID: M0240
Common blue fluorogenic GUS substrate for measuring cloned activity in plant lysate, homogenate, leaf disk or whole plant assays.
|Soluble In||H2O (pH >six); DMSO|
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Desiccated|
|Notes||Absorbance 360nm/Emission 449nm/E 19K of product 4-methylumbelliferone after enzyme hydrolysis.|
- Chandrasekaran A, Singh AK. (2014) "One-pot, microscale cell-free enzyme expression and screening." Methods Mol Biol. 1118:55-69.
- Geary JR, Nijak GM Jr, Larson SL, Talley JW. (2011) "Hydrolysis of the soluble fluorescent molecule carboxyumbelliferyl-beta-D-glucuronide by E. coli beta-glucuronidase as applied in a rugged, in situ optical sensor." Enzyme Microb Technol. 49(1):6-10
- Fan ZH, Khnouf R, Mei Q, Jin S. (2010) "A fluid array device for high-throughput protein synthesis." 14th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences, Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Khnouf R, Olivero D, Shouguang J, Fan ZH. (2010) “Miniaturized fluid array for high-throughput protein expression.” Biotechnology Progress Vol 26, Issue 6 pp 1590-1596.
- "GUS Protocols: Using the GUS Gene as a Reporter of Gene Expression." Naleway, JJ, S.R.Gallagher, Ed., Acad. Press, pp. 61-76 (1992). US Federal Register 57, 24744.
- Tryland I, Fiksdal L. (1998) "Enzyme Characteristics of β-d-Galactosidase- and β-d-Glucuronidase-Positive Bacteria and Their Interference in Rapid Methods for Detection of Waterborne Coliforms and Escherichia coli." Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 64(3): 1018–1023.
- Lois C. Shadix, Michele E. Dunnigan, Eugene W. Rice. (1993) "Detection of Escherichia coli by the nutrient agar plus 4-methylumbelliferyl β-D-glucuronide (MUG) membrane filter method." Canadian Journal of Microbiology 39(11): 1066-1070.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question