Opti-Bryt™ Antifade Omni-Mount with DAPI
Product ID: M2369
Fast setting antifade mountant for increased signal intensity and minimized photobleaching. Contains DAPI for counterstaining.
Fluorophores are often subject to photobleaching by the excitation light used during the observation process. The use of an antifade reagent can significantly slow this fading process, allowing longer observation times in fluorometry and improved pattern recognition.
Opti-Bryt™ Antifade Omni-Mount with DAPI offers the following features:
- Refractive Index of close to 1.5
- Polymerizes in under 1 hour; no need to wait overnight to image
- Reduces photobleaching even under high intensity illumination
- Boosts initial signal intensity
- No need for additional sealants
- Added DAPI as a dead cell nuclear counterstain
When compared to mounting simply in glycerol the signal is both brighter and much more photostable:
- Bock G, Hilchenbach M, Schauenstein K, Wick G. (1985) “Photometric analysis of antifading reagents with laser and conventional illumination sources.” J. Histochem. & Cytochem. 33(7): 699-705.
- Florijn RJ, Slats J, Tank HJ, Raap AK. (1995) "Analysis of antifading reagents for fluorescence microscopy." Cytometry 19:177-182.
- Johnson GD, De C Nogueira Araujo GM. (1981) "A simple method for reducing the fading of immunofluorescence during microscopy." J. Immunol. Methods. 43:349.
- Johnson GD, Davidson RS, McNamee KC, Russell G, Goodwin D, Holborow EJ. (1982) "Fading of immunofluorescence during microscopy: a study of the phenomenon and its remedy." J. Immunol. Methods. 55:231.
- Krenik KD, Kephart GM, Offord KP, Dunnette SL, Gleich GJ. (1989) "Comparison of antifading reagents used in immunofluorescence." J. Immunol. Methods. 117:91-7.
- Longin A, Souchier C, French M, Bryon PA. (1993) "Comparison of anti-fading agents used in fluorescence microscopy: image analysis and laser confocal microscopy study." J. Histochem. & Cytochem. 41(12):1833-40.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question