pCambia1391Z Plant Expression Vector
Product ID: M1707
Vector contains kanamycin resistance gene for bacterial selection, hygromycin B resistance gene for plant selection and the gusA reporter gene and the lacZ gene for white/blue selection.
- -high copy number in E.coli for high DNA yields
- -pVS1 replicon for high stability in Agrobacterium
- -small size
- -restriction sites for modular plasmid modifications and small but adequate polylinkers for introducing DNA of interest
- -bacterial selection with kanamycin
- -plant selection with hygromycin B
- -simple means to construct translational fusions to gusA reporter genes
Plant selection genes in the pCambia vectors are driven by a double-enhancer version of the CaMV35S promoter and terminated by the CaMV35S polyA signal. Reporter genes feature a hexa-Histidine tag at the C-terminus to enable simple purification on immobilized metal affinity chromatography resins.
Designed for promoter testing in planta, this vector features a promoterless version of gusA with the catalase intron immediately downstream of a truncated lacZa containing the pUC9 polylinker. The truncated lacZa is functional for blue/white screening of clones in suitable E.coli host strains.
For help in selecting the correct vector for your research click here to launch the vector selection wizard.
|Notes||This product is prepared to order. Please allow additional processing time prior to shipping.|
- Srivastava V, Raikwar S, Tuteja R, Tuteja N (1970) "Ectopic expression of phloem motor protein pea forisome PsSEO-F1 enhances salinity stress tolerance in tobacco" Plant Cell Reports:1.
- Huda KM, Banu MS, Garg B, Tula S, Tuteja R, Tuteja N. (2015) "OsACA6, a P-type IIB Ca²⁺ ATPase promotes salinity and drought stress tolerance in tobacco by ROS scavenging and enhancing the expression of stress-responsive genes." Plant J. 76(6):997-1015.
- Chen L, Zhang S, Beachy RN, Fauquet CM (1998) “A protocol for consistent, large-scale production of fertile transgenic rice plants.” Plant Cell Reports 18:25-31.
- Christou P (1991) “Production of transgenic rice (Oryza sativa L.) plants from agronomically important indica and japonica varieties via electric discharge particle acceleration of exogenous DNA into immature zygotic embryos.” Biotechnology 9:957-962.
- Christou P (1997) “Rice transformation: bombardment”. Plant Mol Biol 35:197-203. Deblaere R, Reynaerts A, Hofte H, Hernalsteens JP, Leemans J, Van Montagu M (1987) “Vectors for cloning in plant cells.” Meth Enzymol 153:277-292.
- Hajdukiewicz,P, Svab, Z, Maliga, P, (1994) “The small versatile pPZP family of Agrobacterium binary vectors for plant transformation.” Plant Mol Biol 25:989-994.
- Hiei Y, Ohta S, Komari T, Kumashiro T (1994) “Efficient transformation of rice (Oryza sativa L.) mediated by Agrobacterium and sequence analysis of the boundaries of the T-DNA.” Plant J 6:271-282.
- Hoekema A, Hirsch PR, Hooykaas PJJ, Schilperoort RA (1983) “Binary vector strategy based on separation of vir- and T-region of the Agrobacterium tumefaciens Ti-plasmid.” Nature 303:179-180.
- Hood EE, Helmer GL, Fraley RT, Chilton MD (1986) “The hypervirulence of Agrobacterium tumefaciens A281 is encoded in a region of pTiBo542 outside of T-DNA.” J Bac 168:1291-1301.
- Hood EE, Gelvin SB, Melchers S, Hoekema A (1993) “New Agrobacterium helper plasmids for gene transfer to plants (EHA105).” Trans Res 2:208-218.
- Jefferson RA, Kavanagh TA, Bevan MW (1987) “GUS fusions: Beta-glucuronidase as a sensitive and versatile gene fusion marker in higher plants.” EMBO J 6:3901-3907.
- Klapwijk PM, van Breukelen J, Korevaar K, Ooms G, Schilperoort RA (1980) “Transposition of Tn904 encoding streptomycin resistance into octopine Ti plasmid of Agrobacterium tumefaciens.” J Bac 141:129-136.
- Lazo GR, Stein PA, Ludwig RA (1991) “A DNA transformation-competent Ara bidopsis genomic library in Agrobacterium.” BioTechnology 9:963-967.
- Ohta S, Mita S, Hattori T, Nakamura K (1990) “Construction and expression in tobacco of a beta-glucuronidase (GUS) reporter gene containing an intron within the coding sequence.” Plant Cell Physiol 31:805-814.
- Ooms G, Hooykaas PJJ, Van Veen RJM, Van Beelen P, Regensburg-Tunk JG, Schilperoort RA (1982) “Octopine Ti-plasmid deletion mutants of Agrobacterium tumefaciens with emphasis on the right side of the T-region:. Plasmid 7 :15-29.
- Peralta EG, Hellmiss R, Ream W (1986) “Overdrive, a T-DNA transmission enhancer on the A. tumefaciens tumour-inducing plasmid.” EMBO J 5:1137-1142.
- Porath J (1992) “Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography.” Protein Expre Purif 3:263-281.
- Siemering KR, Golbik R, Sever R, Haseloff J (1996) “Mutations that suppress the thermosensitivity of green fluorescent protein.” Curr Biol 6:1653-1663.
- Tanaka A, Mita S, Ohta S, Kyozuka J, Shimamoto K, Nakamura K (1990) “Enhancement of foreign gene expression by a dicot intron in rice but not in tobacco is correlated with an increased level of mRNA and an efficient splicing of the intron.” Nucl Acids Res 18:6767-6770.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question