RubyGlow™ Luminescent Bacterial Detection Kit
Product ID: M1573
Unlike other commercially available luciferase kits using green light emitting (562 nm) firefly analogs, this luminescent assay kit produces a red light (EM 619 nm) to easily detect and quantify bacterial cells based upon the generation of ATP in metabolically active cells.
- Sherlock O, O'Connell N, Creamer E, Humphreys H. (2009) "Is it really clean? An evaluation of the efficacy of 4 methods for determining hospital cleanliness." J Hosp Infect 72:140–146.
- Schondelmeyer CW, Dillehay DL, Webb SK, Huerkamp MJ, Mook DM, Pullium JK. (2006) "Investigation of appropriate sanitization frequency for rodent caging accessories: evidence supporting less-frequent cleaning." J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:40–43.
- Sharpe AN, Woodrow MN, Jackson AK (1970) “Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) levels in foods contaminated by bacteria”. J. Appl. Bacteriol. 33: 758-767
- Stannard CJ, Wood JM (1983) “The rapid estimation of microbial contamination of raw meat by measurement of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)”. J. Appl. Bacteriol. 55:429-438
- Stanley PE (1986) “Extraction of adenosine triphosphate from microbial and somatic cells”. Methods Enzymol. 133:14-22
- Karl DM (1980) “Cellular nucleotide measurement and applications in microbial ecology”. Microbiol. Rev. 44:739-96
- McElroy WD, DeLuca MA (1983) “Firefly and bacterial luminescence: Basic science and applications”. J. Applied Biochem. 5:197-209
- Ulrich PG, Wannlund JC (1984) “Bioluminescence in the microbiology laboratory”. American Clinical Products Rev.
- Tuncan EU, Martin SE (1987) “Lysostaphin lysis procedure for detection of Staphylococcus aureus by the firefly bioluminescent ATP method”. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 53: 88-91
- Lundin A, Thore A, (1975) “Analytical information obtainable by evaluation of the time course of firefly bioluminescence in the assay of ATP”. Anal. Biochem. 66:47-63.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question