6-p-Toluidino-2-naphthalenesulfonic acid, potassium salt (TNS-K+)
Product ID: M0720
Fluorescent probe for conformational studies and for use in quantitation of hydrophobic proteins. This potassium salt is more water soluble than the free acid, M0704.
|Soluble In||DMSO, DMF, H2O|
|Storage Conditions||2-8C, Desiccated, Protect From Light|
- Lampe JN, Fernandez C, Nath A, Atkins WM. (2008) "Nile Red is a fluorescent allosteric substrate of cytochrome P450 3A4." Biochemistry. 47(2):509-16.
- Nath A, Fernández C, Lampe JN, Atkins WM. (2008) "Spectral resolution of a second binding site for Nile Red on cytochrome P4503A4." Arch Biochem Biophys. 474(1):198-204.
- QaDan M, Spyres LM, Ballard JD. (2000) "pH-Induced conformational changes in Clostridium difficile toxin B." Infect. Immun. 68 2470-2474.
- Batlle N, Carbonell JV, Sendra JM. (2000) "Determination of depolymerization kinetics of amylose, amylopectin, and soluble starch by aspergillus oryzae alpha-amylase using a fluorimetric 2-p-toluidinylnaphthalene-6-sulfonate/flow-injection analysis system." Biotechnol Bioeng 70544-552.
- Frank J, et al. (1997) "Kinetics and equilibrium binding of the dyes TNS and RH 421 to ribulose 1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (RUBISCO)." J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 932379.
- Jones M, Keenan RW, Horowitz P. (1982) "Use of 6-p-toluidino-2-naphthalenesulfonic acid to quantitate lipids after thin-layer chromatography." J. Chromatogr. 237522.
- McClure WO, Edelman GM. (1966) "Fluorescent probes for conformational states of proteins. I. Mechanism of fluorescence of 2-p-toluidinylnaphthalene-6-sulfonate, a hydrophobic probe" Biochemistry 5(6)1908-1919.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question