Product ID: M0704
Fluorescent probe for conformation and quantitation studies of proteins. It is practically nonfluorescent in water, becoming fluorescent when bound to membranes (q.y. ~0.27) or proteins (q.y. ~0.72).
|Soluble In||DMSO, DMF, H2O (pH six+)|
|Storage Conditions||2-8C, Desiccated, Protect From Light|
- Aziz A, Santhoshkumar P, Sharma KK, Abraham EC. (2007)"Cleavage of the C-terminal serine of human alphaA-crystallin produces alphaA1-172 with increased chaperone activity and oligomeric size." Biochemistry. 46(9):2510-9.
- Lampe JN, Atkins WM. (2006) "Time-resolved fluorescence studies of heterotropic ligand binding to cytochrome P450 3A4." Biochemistry. 45(40):12204-15.
- "Fluorescent Probes for Conformational States of Proteins. I. Mechanism of Fluorescence of 2-p-Toluidinylnaphthalene-6-sulfonate, a Hydrophobic Probe" McClure, W.O., Edelman, G.M. Biochemistry 5(6) (1966) 1908-1919.
- "Determination of depolymerization kinetics of amylose, amylopectin, and soluble starch by aspergillus oryzae alpha-amylase using a fluorimetric 2-p-toluidinylnaphthalene-6-sulfonate/flow-injection analysis system." Batlle N, Carbonell JV, Sendra JM. Biotechnol Bioeng 70 (2000) 544-552.
- "Kinetics and Equilibrium Binding of the Dyes TNS and RH 421 to Ribulose 1,5-Bisphosphate Carboxylase/Oxygenase (RUBISCO)." Frank J, et al. J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 93 (1997) 2379.
- "Use of 6-p-Toluidino-2-Naphthalenesulfonic Acid to Quantitate Lipids After Thin-Layer Chromatography." Jones M, Keenan RW, Horowitz P. J. Chromatogr. 237 (1982) 522.
- "pH-Induced conformational changes in Clostridium difficile toxin B." QaDan M, Spyres LM, Ballard JD. Infect. Immun. 68 (2000) 2470-2474.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question