At Marker Gene Technologies, Inc we offer:
- Excellent research facilities with state of the art equipment.
- A competitive benefits package including health/dental insurance/401(k)/profit sharing.
- The opportunity to grow with a dynamic biotechnology company built around a strong scientific research program.
- The ability to publish.
- A stimulating work environment located within the biomedical hub of the University of Oregon, Oregon Health Science University and Oregon State University.
Marker Gene Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
We are currently searching for qualified individuals to join us. If an exciting career in gene therapy, agricultural biotechnology, or recombinant protein production sounds interesting, then we encourage you to apply.
Chemist - Organic Synthesis
Marker Gene Technologies, Inc. is currently recruiting a Synthetic Organic Chemist for a position in our Research, Development and Production Facilities on a full time basis. The position will be based in Eugene, Oregon. The qualified individual will work as a member of a team effort in the design and synthesis of new and existing products.
B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemistry (preferred), Biology, Biochemistry or related science field. Experience in Modern Organic Chemical Synthesis, Low and Medium Pressure Liquid Column Chromatography Purification, Thin-Layer Chromatography, Crystallization, Fluorescence and UV Analysis Methods, HPLC Methods Development and Analysis, Proton and Carbon-13 NMR Analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work efficiently and independently to accomplish project objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to work well as a member of a team of interdisciplinary scientists and professionals.
For consideration for this position, please forward to us your resume and a cover letter describing your experience, career objectives, current and previous positions. For BS and MS level applicants, please provide unofficial college or university transcripts including cumulative GPA. Please also include the names of three professional references, whom we may contact regarding your qualifications. References will not be contacted unless notified.
This position will remain open until filled by a qualified applicant.