MarkerGene™ LysoLive™ Lysosomal β-Glucosidase Assay Kit
Lysosomal beta-glucosidase enzyme is currently indicated to be involved in diseases such as Gaucher and Parkinson’s diseases. MarkerGene™ LysoLive™ Lysosomal beta-Glucosidase Assay Kit utilizes a substrate which only becomes fluorescent upon cleavage by the enzyme meaning lysosomes with low beta-Glucosidase (GBA) activity will exhibit reduced staining in a manner proportional to the enzyme activity levels in the cell.
- Harlan FK, Lusk JS, Mohr BM, Guzikowski AP, Batchelor RH, Jiang Y, et al. (2016) "Fluorogenic Substrates for Visualizing Acidic Organelle Enzyme Activities." PLoS ONE 11(5): e0156312. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0156312
- Jahng JWS, Alsaadi RM, Palanivel R, Song E, Hipolito VEB, Sung HK, Botelho RJ, Russell RC, Sweeney G. (2019) "Iron overload inhibits late stage autophagic flux leading to insulin resistance." EMBO Rep. 20(10):e47911.
|Unit Size||1 kit|
|Storage Conditions||-20C, Protect From Light|
- Westbroek W, Gustafson AM, Sidransky E. (2011) “Exploring the link between glucocerebrosidase mutations and parkinsonism.” Trends Mol Med. 17(9):485-493.
- Sidransky E. (2005) “Gaucher disease and parkinsonism.” Mol. Genet. Metab. 84:302-304.
- Sidransky E (2004) "Gaucher disease: complexity in a “simple” disorder" Molecular genetics and metabolism 83(1-2):6-15.
- Karageorgos LE, Isaac EL, Brooks DA, Ravenscroft EM, Davey R, Hopwood JJ, Meikle PJ (1997) “Lysosomal biogenesis in lysosomal storage disorders.” Experimental Cell Research 234, 85-97.
- Neudorfer O, Giladi N, Elstein D, Abrahamov A (1996) "Occurrence of Parkinson’s syndrome in type 1 Gaucher disease." Qjm 691-694.
Question about this product? Ask a Scientist!
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and want you to get the best possible results from your assays. If you have any questions about this product or need help optimizing your protocol check out the product FAQs below or ask your own question and one of our expert scientists will get back to you asap:Ask a Scientist
There are currently no frequently asked questions for this product, click the button above to ask a question...Back to Top