The transformation of plants is common place in hundreds of laboratories worldwide, tranformation is achieved using bacterially-mediated or direct DNA transfer methods. A sizeable technical limitations faced by many labs is that several vectors still used are historical relics with substandard features that make DNA constructions awkward or cumbersome such as: low-copy origin of replication resulting in low yield DNA preps, large size and lack of convenient restriction sites for manipulation.
The pCAMBIA series of vectors was developed by Cambia labs to address many of these issues. The vector backbone is derived from the pPZP vectors and the pCAMBIA vectors offer several advantages over traditional plant vectors:
- High copy number in E.coli for high DNA yields
- pVS1 replicon for high stability in Agrobacterium
- Small size, 7-12kb
- Restriction sites designed for modular plasmid modifications
- Small but adequate poly-linkers for introducing your DNA of interest
- Bacterial selection with chloramphenicol or kanamycin
- Plant selection with hygromycin B or kanamycin
Marker Gene Technologies, Inc. is pleased to be the exclusive US supplier of the pCambia series of vectors. For further information about the pCambia vectors or help in selecting the appropriate vector for your research needs contact our expert technical assistance department.
Items 1-8 of 30